At some point in most of our lives the dreaded “job search” rears it’s ugly head. The process can be very discouraging and down right frustrating. The key is to not allow frustration of the search slow you down and to allow procrastination fill the space.
Here are a few tips to avoid the procrastination of the job search.
- Try and figure out what is causing you to lose your momentum in your job search. Are there external factors outside of your control causing you to feel this way.
- Go after your fears. Is something standing in your way for fear of the outcome.
- Make a to do list. Sounds easy, well it is. The hard part is sticking to it. Break down the to do list into smaller tasks.
- Get those difficult or dreaded tasks out of the way first.
- Set realistic and attainable goals. Keep them measurable and allow your self to have successes. Make a commitment to get them done and reward yourself for a job well done.
The job search process does not have to be overwhelming or frustrating. Keep it in perspective and success will follow.