Top 10 interview questions you need to prepare for.
In general, job interview questions fall into two categories: Traditional and behavioral.
Traditional questions help potential employers evaluate your skills and experience. Behavioral questions help employers predict how you will react in future situations based on your past behavior.
To ace your next job interview, you need to be able to answer both types of questions in a calm, collected and confident manner. And to do that, you need to rehearse your answers in advance.
Take the list below and start preparing your answers now.
Because to get a new job, you need to be ready to sell yourself to potential employers at a moment’s notice. You never know when a phone call or chance encounter will turn into an interview for your next great sales job.
Top 10 Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Why are you leaving your current job? Or why were you terminated from your last job?
- What interested you in this position?
- What do you know about our company?
- Why do you think you will excel in this position?
- What are your biggest strengths? Weaknesses?
- Describe your biggest professional achievement.
- Tell me about a time when you dealt with conflict in the workplace and how you handled it.
- Do you have any questions for me? (ALWAYS have questions prepared to ask the interviewer.)
The top interview questions above are just the basics. The U.S. Dept. of Labor offers another resource for additional interview tips.
Always be prepared, expand your current job search methods and stick with a plan. Good Luck!