Let’s face it, no one really likes interviewing for a job. If it was up to most of us we would completely skip that part of the job search process. But unfortunately it doesn’t quite work that way. At some time or another everyone must go through the dreaded job interview process. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when interviewing for a job.
10 top INTERVIEW TIPS
- Do some research on the business before the interview.
- Practice interviewing before your interview and think about possible questions they may ask.
- Greet the employer with a firm handshake.
- Make frequent eye contact.
- Smile, be polite, and try to relax.
- Listen carefully to the questions asked.
- Ask the interviewer to restate a question if you are confused.
- Answer questions as directly as possible.
- Be upbeat and make positive statements, even if they ask you about something that may bring up negative emotions.
- Use examples of how your skills and abilities would fit the job.
Just remember, be relaxed and everything will work out just fine.